California, United States
Hello and welcome to Urban Archaeology! I am a self proclaimed urban archaeologist. I work, hunt, and believe in thrift stores. I have always had a passion for excavating lost treasures from society and love sharing what I find. This blog is dedicated to special treasures I find along the way. Everything photographed will either be purchased at a thrift store, second-hand, or severely discounted.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

No. 2


The majority of this outfit was found at the thrift store where I work, Amador Hospice Thrift.
Black lace dress: $2.25*
Old Navy Cardigan: $1.75*
Vintage Hat: $1.75*


I found this ring while I was treating myself to some holiday shopping at a Goodwill for $3.

This necklace is also from Hospice and was purchased for $2.25*
These Frye wedges are adorable and easy to wear. I scored these for only $5 at Goodwill!

*Volunteer/Employee Discounts*
I want to share with everyone just how magical and fun it can be to volunteer at a local thrift store. You can meet a variety of people who are just as passionate about thrifting as you, benefit your favorite store while you get to peek at all of the new merchandise as it hits the floor, and most thrift stores offer a discount to volunteers. That being said, I don't recommend volunteering just to get a discount. Most thrift stores are non-profit organizations working hard to benefit a aspect of the community. It isn't a good idea to waltz in and start rummaging through the back disguised as a "volunteer." I firmly believe in thrifting gods, and they will reward you for your good deeds with wonderful finds or smite you accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment